[Snort-users] snort + mysql + acid + adodb

Tremaine Lea Tremaine at ...2255...
Wed Jun 13 05:49:40 EDT 2001

Maybe I'm a sucker for punishment.  I'm relatively new to the world of
databases and php, but I'd like to get snort logging to a mysql database, and
have implemented

snort  1.7
ADODB 1.11 PHP4
ACID 0.9.6
mysql  Ver 11.15 Distrib 3.23.38, for pc-linux-gnu (i686)

all running on Debian Gnu/Linux kernel 2.4/Sid

Throughout the entire process I keep getting various and sundry errors that
appear to be a result of formatting in the php used by both acid and adodb.
I've tried both the old and new adodb from their site, and they both fail at
various stages.  I've managed to get it to the point where instead of failing
at line 28 in adodb.inc.php it's now failing at :
Warning:  Failed opening '/pathto/adodb-mysql.inc.php' for inclusion
(include_path='') in /pathto/acid/adodb.inc.php on line 1384
Fatal error:  Cannot instantiate non-existent class:  adodb_mysql in
/pathto/acid/adodb.inc.php on line 1416

/pathto/ of course is just me removing the information for public consumption
<g>

at any rate, the permissions on the file referencing in the error are
correct, the file exists... so what gives?  Anyone else running anything
similar to this?  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Tremaine

Doing things the hard way.  Every time.