[Snort-users] CVS or 1.7?

Jay Moore jmoore at ...1671...
Mon Jun 11 10:51:39 EDT 2001

I have been playing around with snort 1.7 and acid.   The box I have been
playing with died.  Which is not necessarily a bad thing.  Gives me a chance
to go back and setup everything the right way now that I have learned more
about snort.  The box will sit behind a firewall.  I would like to know if I
should run with the latest CVS build of snort.  Or stay with 1.7.  I don't
mind downloading CVS builds.  I will be logging to mysql and running acid.
What features are in 1.8cvs that are not in 1.7.  Are the features worth it
(opinions).  I want the IDS links for the rulesets to work (ie, redirect the
webpage over to whitehats, or wherever).  Any comments/opinions would be
helpful.

thanks,
Jay