[Snort-users] Redhat webserver setup

Chris Mason masonc at ...2212...
Mon Jun 11 09:12:42 EDT 2001

I have a webserver hosting about 50 domains. It runs Redhat 7.1, and has
portsentry using iptables, and logcheck installed.

I'm looking at using Snort to protect the machine from external attacks (I
don't have any real users other than myself) but I don't know much about
setting up Snort. Is there a ready-to-go configuration that will work for a
stand-alone webserver or do I have to do a ton of customizing, and if so,
can someone assist?

Chris Mason
masonc at ...2212...
Box 340, The Valley, Anguilla, British West Indies
Tel: 264 497 5670 Fax: 264 497 8463
Take a virtual tour of the island
http://www.anguillaguide.com/ The Anguilla Guide
Find your perfect rental villa www.mycaribbean.com
Talk to me in real time with Instant Messenger: masonc92 at ...125...
or ICQ 118159388
Signature F331 8AD1 36FB B3B0 DF9F  D95B 8024 D1EA 7450 D50C