[Snort-users] Snort dumps core on Solaris 8

Thomas Whipp tkw at ...1885...
Tue Jun 5 04:03:49 EDT 2001

I've been running Snort for about 2 weeks with no
instability on an Ultra 5 with Solaris 8, I've also tested
it on Solaris 8 on a Netra T1 and Netra X1 without
problems... what pre-processors/logging options do you have
enabled?

	Tom

source with gcc
> 2.95.3 on an Ultra 5 running Solaris 8.  Unfortunately, it
dumps core
> after running for some time (usually 30-120 minutes).
> I'm using 'snort -Afull -c snort.conf -l /snort -d -D' to
> invoke snort.
> Is anyone aware of any issues with snort & Solaris 8, and
if