[Snort-users] Whitehats rules don't work

François Désarménien francois at ...1754...
Tue Jun 5 03:25:43 EDT 2001

Mon, 4 Jun 2001 15:48:21 +0530
"Sid" <s_i_d_j at ...131...> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I know i've missed something but the vision18.conf i downloaded from
> whitehats.com doesn't work. It gives a lot of errors while starting snort
> about bad rules. I think its the classification. Anyway, whats the way out??

Yes, you're right : there's a problem with rule #436 which is classified as
'relay-or-info-attempt' that doesn't exist in the classification rules.

Either change its tag, add new classification or comment out the rule to have
it load. First option seems to me to be the best. Having done that, it works
perfectly for me with 1.8beta4.

François