[Snort-users] ISD171/ping zeros - One legit use

Ofir Arkin ofir at ...949...
Fri Jun 1 18:27:50 EDT 2001

Rich,

I can belive this is the case with DNS servers running HPUX 11.x, 10.3 or
AIX 4.3.x.
If so, the admin who set up the DNS server did not fully understand this
issues obviously.

With load balancing I am more skeptic.
They balance the load on the Servers on site not on the coming clients...

If you will download version 2.5 of my paper and go to page 45 you will have
a full explanation.

Cheers

Ofir Arkin [ofir at ...949...]
Founder
The Sys-Security Group
http://www.sys-security.com
PGP CC2C BE53 12C6 C9F2 87B1 B8C6 0DFA CF2D D360 43FA