[Snort-users] 1.7 and mysql problem

Mark W. Davis mwd at ...497...
Wed Jan 31 18:42:08 EST 2001

Exactly. I've been running snort since snort was made public the database module
also. I've been using acid for a while too. I do not know what the deal is with
1.7. I turned on debugging (and added some of my own output) and although the
db module says that the db is initialized, a db session is never opened. I haven't
had the time to delve deeper yet. Hopefully, this weekend...

md

-----Original Message-----
From: Roman Danyliw [mailto:roman at ...438...]
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2001 10:47 AM
To: mwd at ...497...
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] 1.7 and mysql problem

Mark,

It sounds like you may have a configuration issue.  Linking in
oracle/mysql/postgres support into the same version of snort should not be
a problem.  What does your database configuration directive look like in
the snort configuration file (e.g. output database: log, mysql,
user=snort dbname=snort host=localhost)?

Roman