[Snort-users] 1.7 and mysql problem

Steve Hutchins Steve.Hutchins at ...277...
Wed Jan 31 15:15:15 EST 2001

Another thing to watch out for: I wasn't seeing anything
go to the DB, so I looked at syslog and snort was putting
out a warning saying that the command line had overridden
the db plugin line in the config file.
I had the -A flag set. When I removed it, snort logged to
the db fine.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Roman Danyliw [mailto:roman at ...438...]
Sent: Thursday, 1 February 2001 7:47
To: mwd at ...497...
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] 1.7 and mysql problem

Mark,

It sounds like you may have a configuration issue.  Linking in
oracle/mysql/postgres support into the same version of snort should not be
a problem.  What does your database configuration directive look like in
the snort configuration file (e.g. output database: log, mysql,
user=snort dbname=snort host=localhost)?

Roman