[Snort-users] -lib files vs vision.conf

Bob Van Cleef vancleef at ...211...
Wed Jan 31 13:28:18 EST 2001

I just downloaded and installed the latest CVS version. It came with a
large collection of rule files, which I am using.  However, unlike the
vision.conf rule file, many of these rules come with no description or
reference number.

I wrote a simple little script to download/build/install the latest
version of snort.  My question is:

Should I also use the latests rule sets (write a script to change
the HOME_NET variable) or should I drop back to using vision.conf
to be able to take advantage of the archNIDS database?

Bob