[Snort-users] Can snort log MAC addresses into DB backends?

Jason Haar Jason.Haar at ...294...
Mon Jan 29 19:34:34 EST 2001

I've just realised (i.e. so it couldn't have mattered that much to me ;-)
that "snort -l" logs MAC addresses into the /var/log/snort/xxx.xx files,
whereas the SQL backend calls don't. Is there any real reason for this? As
far as this all goes, it would be nice if all the "true" logging mechanisms
(i.e. exclude syslog) contained the same data wouldn't it?

--
Cheers

Jason Haar

Unix/Special Projects, Trimble NZ
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417