[Snort-users] Fwd: Kimi's letter about Max

Dragos Ruiu dr at ...381...
Mon Jan 29 13:43:27 EST 2001

If any of you folks have had occasion to get to know
Max through working with him on Snort or ArachNIDS,
then you will likely have something to say about the
large contributions he has made to computer security
as a completely unpaid volunteer.  I am fortunate enough
to have met and worked with Max as a result of primarily
this list, and know him as a gentle, kind person
with an exceedigly sharp technical mind and
an encyclopaedic knowledge of this field, always
willing to offer help to others on securing their
networks and systems and generous with his
time, knowledge, and good advice.

I plan on writing my letter of reference today, and
hope others here who have come to know Max
do likewise. I also think that if you know any other
lists or forums where Max has been active, this
particular memo should be forwarded....

Dragos Ruiu,
--dr