[Snort-users] SOLVED: Logging alerts two places at once

Olaf Schreck chakl at ...931...
Mon Jan 29 13:55:43 EST 2001

Peter,

> In the end it was the lack of
>
> -l /path/to/where/you/want/it/logged
>
> in my command-line that was stopping it.
>

> Has anyone else noticed this, or can confirm
> it as a bug in general?

Exactly the same here.  The interaction of cmdline flags and plugins is
somehow counterintuitive, I remember some confusion and contradictory
test results myself.  Then I went "damn, try forcing it with -l", and
everything was fine since.

ciao,
chakl
--
Olaf Schreck	chakl at ...931...	Syscall() Network Solutions, Berlin
                "We reject kings, presidents, and voting;