[Snort-users] Snort 1.7 and SIGUSR1

Martin Roesch roesch at ...421...
Fri Jan 26 23:30:00 EST 2001

Hmm, something must have gotten checked in with them commented out?  All
the stats generation code is in DropStats() now, there might be some
dead code (might be? ;) floating around in snort.c.  Once we get the
1.7.1 bug fix out, we're going to initiate spring cleaning in the Snort
code and clear a bunch of crap like that out.

    -Marty

Bill Hutchison wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Just this morning I download the daily snapshot at:
>
> http://snort.sourceforge.net/snort-daily.tar.gz
>
> And notice that post 1.7 version has the stats output working now.
>
> -Bill
>
> Per Arne Enstad wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > tried the new SIGUSR1 statistics dump handler, but had no success. :-/
> >
> > Looking into the code (snort.c) I found that most of the handler was
> > commented out in the distro version. Is there any particular reason for
> > this, or can it be safely uncommented?
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > - Per Arne Enstad

Martin Roesch