[Snort-users] Finding contact addresses

Andrew Daviel andrew at ...523...
Fri Jan 26 14:14:50 EST 2001

On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, Steve Halligan wrote:

> Since getting people to volentarily create an abuse at ...1208... email address
> doesn't seem to be working, I doubt getting people to create a webpage with
> this information would work either.  Check out the work at
> http://www.abuse.net, they are trying to create a database of abuse
> contacts.

You're probably right.

I see that SnortSnarf now has some contact links, including mine, and
also the geektools whois proxy that seems pretty good.
I was rooting around and find that there are about 40 "whois.nic.TLD"
(out of some 250 TLDs) (many of which are in geektools list) which work if
you can resolve a name. Maybe I'll try some more iterating on
whois.x.y.z.TLD, whois.y.z.TLD etc. though for unresolved names rwhois
seems the best if implemented since it can link through to hosting
providers etc.

Andrew