[Snort-users] snort 1.7 and libnet

Rick Francis rfrancis at ...468...
Thu Jan 25 21:49:10 EST 2001

solaris8 is correct and well...yes it has appeared...again!

so i'll remove the -I/usr/include and try again...tomorrow.

-----Original Message-----
From: Fyodor [mailto:fygrave at ...121...]
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2001 1:00 PM
To: Dragos Ruiu
Cc: Rick Francis; snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] snort 1.7 and libnet

On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 10:30:03AM -0800, Dragos Ruiu wrote:
> Let me guess.... Solaris right?
>
> This came up before on this list, but I don't have the time right now to
> search it out.  Have a peek through the archives of this list...
> maybe do a search for "va_alist" because there was some talk of
> this problem before on previous release (1.6.2 from memory).
>
> I  think it was a compiler install issue...

No, it wasn't a compiler issue (or a complier issue, but we found how to fix
the problem),
 the problem was that if you supply -I/usr/include to gcc, somehow this
error is trigged.
I remember I commited a fix while ago to get rid off -I/usr/include in
configure/configure.in.
Has the problem reappered again?