[Snort-users] How to install Snort

Korhan Gurler lists at ...1198...
Wed Jan 24 09:34:03 EST 2001

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Jaime Pacquing wrote:

#
# I am new here and would like a help on how to install Snort.
# Mr. Foster gave me the download file for Windows Nt 2000 which is:
# Snort.1.6.3-Win32-source.zip (Win32-Source)
# Snort.1.6.3-Win32-Static.zip (Win32-Binary)

If you have the binary version you don't have to re-compile it, you can
configure it and just let it run.

#
# Can you tell me what do I do with this file after I unzip it?
# Do I need a compiler?...Do I have to install both the source & the Binary?

No, just binary is OK

#
#
# Please help,