[Snort-users] Snort Logs (May be a stupid question)

Korhan GURLER lists at ...1198...
Wed Jan 24 05:24:19 EST 2001

Hi all,

You can call me a newbie in this snort stuff so i apologize for the
stupidness of this question ( if it is ). Here is my question,
I've installed snort on my SuSE 7.0 system and it seems to work fine but
when i try to portscan my host from outside my network it doesn't log
the /etc/portscan.log file, and when i try to attack my box it even
doesn't log it to the /etc/snort/snort.alert file. What might be the
problem? Here is hpw i run snort :
snort -D -i eth0 -c /etc/snort/snort-lib

BTW the configuration files are the ones come default with the SuSE 7.0
distribution.

Thanx in advance.