[Snort-users] SRC and DEST ip-address

Olaf Schreck chakl at ...931...
Tue Jan 23 07:21:18 EST 2001

Henning,

> I just compiled snort on my SGI today and snort seems to work besides
> that the source and destination addresses always are 255.255.255.255

Congratulations, you've hit the famous gcc/Irix inet_ntoa bug.

> what am i missing ?

A working compiler.  gcc 2.95 from SGI's freeware site has a bug that
incorrectly decodes IP addresses to 255.255.255.255 under some
circumstances.  Search the comp.sys.sgi.* archives for details and
possible workarounds.

It's not a snort related bug.

ciao,
chakl
--
Olaf Schreck	chakl at ...931...	Syscall() Network Solutions, Berlin
                "We reject kings, presidents, and voting;