[Snort-users] Snort 1.7 w/ MySQL not working

Wim Vandersmissen wim at ...1110...
Mon Jan 22 05:10:15 EST 2001

> > I have tried both the RPMs and the source... both yield the same
> > results.  When I did a './configure' from the source tree, I made sure
> > that the 'mysql=yes' came up... I also tried to compile it with
> > './configure --with-mysql=/usr'... nothing seems to work.
>
> Curious... Does anyone know if the distribution binary RPMs include database
> support? perhaps statically linked?

The binary RPM doesn't contain database support.
But you can use the SRPM and juist rebuild it, the configure script will
detect the databases you've got installed, and thus the new binary RPM
will have it ;-)

rpm -vih snort-1.7-1.src.rpm
cd /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
rpm -ba snort-1.7.spec

after building this will result in a rpm in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/

--Wim

--
Wim Vandersmissen // <wim at ...1110...>