[Snort-users] OpenBSD newsyslog

jeff at ...430... jeff at ...430...
Sun Jan 21 17:59:08 EST 2001

Generally, newsyslog is designed to rotate syslog messages and it does indeed
send a sighup to syslogd when it rolls a new log.  With ragards to snort...
play around a bit.

-Jeff

> I'm trying to use OpenBSD's newsyslog to turn over my portscan.log and
> snort.alert logs. Do I need to send snort a SIG_HUP when changing the
> log? I'm using OpenBSD 2.8 and snort from the ports tree (1.6.3).
> Thanks.
>
> RMC

http://jeff.wwti.com	 	(pgp key available)
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
- Albert Einstein