[Snort-users] Error in snort.c in 1.7 tarball

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt at ...821...
Sun Jan 21 04:12:34 EST 2001

On Sat, Jan 20, 2001 at 04:54:33PM -0800, Mark W. Davis wrote:
> I just installed the 1.7 snort tarball from snort.org and found an error
> in SanityChecks() in the first snprintf() statement. If you run snort
> chrooted, like I do, your log_dir will become the concatenation of
> chrootdir and pv.log_dir which fails.

I get the impression that this is intended. Right now I'm running snort
chrooted without a problem (although with each new snort version the way how
paths are interpreted in the presence of a chrooted setup change...)

--
ralf.hildebrandt at ...821...
System Engineer                                            innominate AG