[Snort-users] Port Mirroring on a Nortel Baystack 450-24T

Nate Carlson natecars at ...1175...
Fri Jan 19 16:41:31 EST 2001

Hey all,

Not exactly a Snort question, but I think it applies.  :)

I have a Baystack 450-24T, and want to do port mirroring to allow a box
running Snort to see all the traffic.

I can figure out how to mirror up to two ports to the port that the Snort
box is on, but that's it. I don't see any option to say "mirror all
traffic going through this switch to port N".

Anyone have experience with these switches? I can just mirror the port I'm
using to connect to the external router and catch all the
internal<->external traffic, but I'd also like to be able to sniff packets
between boxes..

Thanks!

--
Nate Carlson <natecars at ...1175...>   | Phone : (952)943-8700