[Snort-users] alert file

Arman Magluyan Telecom/SG AMagluyan at ...871...
Fri Jan 19 15:59:46 EST 2001

-s sends alert to /var/log/secure or /var/log/messages try and remove them

-----Original Message-----
From: Imran Ismail Shaikh [mailto:ismail at ...1080...]
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2001 7:36 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] alert file

everytime i run snort it creates files in /var/log/snort/ directory with
names: log, portscan and lots of other directories with IP names. Why is
it not creating alert or snort.alert file?
All i can see in log file is bunch of portscans but the directories do
contain some other activities.
Can anyone tell me where I m making mistake that its not generating alert
file. btw i m running snort 1.7 with following command:
snort -i eth0 -c <rules file> -o -s -d -D

any help is highly appreciated.

thanks
imran