[Snort-users] ACID 0.9.5 Released

Bill Marquette wlmarque at ...8...
Fri Jan 19 09:30:33 EST 2001

Guillaume Arcas <guillaume at ...1168...> on 01/19/2001 02:18 AM wrote:

>I take your message as an opportunity to ask if there is space in this
>mailing-list for discussion about daily usage of  ACID. I use it since a month
>and surely am one of your most enthoustiastic fan(s) in France !! :-)

It's snort related and unless Marty has issues or the threads get too far
off-topic I don't see why we shouldn't be able to discuss usage :)

>More seriously, I would like to expand the usage of ACID sensors to build a
>Distributed IDS for a large network (with a lot of that f*!#@* things called
>switches !! :-)).

>Does anyone here have some experience of that ?

Not as of yet.  I'm working on building a rather large snort/ACID infrastructure
right now.  I'd be more than happy to pass issues I've had back and forth with
you via private email (no sense in letting the lurkers out there see too much
internal information).  I'm actually quite interested in your usage of ACID; I'm
curious to see if our corporate needs are similar in vein to yours and how large
a network you are running and the number of sensors you are expecting to have at
the end of deployment.

--Bill