[Snort-users] Ramen Worm.......got packets?

Austad, Jay austad at ...432...
Thu Jan 18 17:44:00 EST 2001

If you do a search through your snort logs or database for "Synscan", grab
the source IP's, and see if port 27374 is open on the remote host.  If so,
it has the ramen worm.  1 out of 3 source IP's I tested today had it, I
emailed the admins of the domain (sfsu.edu).

I'm sure the number of hosts infected will only increase.  How long do you
think it will be before someone turns it into a DDoS tool that propagates
itself or into a worm that finds 2 more hosts to propagate to before doing a
"rm -rf /*".

Jay