[Snort-users] insert speed of mysql v. postgresql

Jed Pickel jed at ...153...
Thu Jan 18 14:48:24 EST 2001

On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 11:48:12AM -0600, Chris Green wrote:
> You're correct <red face>.  The optimization to do is to add -o "-o
> -F" to the pg_ctl start line to disable an fsync between each db
> call and that brings the postgres speeds to roughly same as
> mysql. I'll have to grab a much larger log file before I answer
> anything more on speed.

Good find Chris.. I never dug deep enough to discover that this was
the issue. I just added info to this effect on the snort database
website. Also, if you (or anyone else) get any hard numbers to compare
MySQL vs Postgresql with snort performance tests let me know and I'll
post those too.

* Jed