[Snort-users] insert speed of mysql v. postgresql

Chris Green cmg at ...671...
Thu Jan 18 12:48:12 EST 2001

You're correct <red face>.  The optimization to do is to add -o "-o
-F" to the pg_ctl start line to disable an fsync between each db
call and that brings the postgres speeds to roughly same as
mysql. I'll have to grab a much larger log file before I answer
anything more on speed.

I bet that mysqld --flush takes the same performance hit.  I think
it's a matter of defaults.

--
Chris Green <cmg at ...671...>