[Snort-users] How big is a MySQL Database for snort?

Jason Boyer jason at ...418...
Thu Jan 18 08:25:45 EST 2001

The size of the database is going to reflect on how many alerts you get. So
lots of alerts your database will grow accordingly and vice versa.

Running Snort 1.7 with latest ACID my database grows about a 1 MB for every
1000 or so alerts.

Cheers,
Jason