[Snort-users] How big is a MySQL Database for snort?

Prins, J.H. J.H.Prins at ...1070...
Thu Jan 18 05:29:40 EST 2001

Hello,

At the moment my firewall is a P100 with 48 MB of memory and I'm logging to
textfiles. I would like to log to a MySQL Database and I'm wondering if I
can put this database on the same server, and how big does this database
become. Are we talking about GB's of data of just some MB's?

The Firewall server has two 1GB disks and runs IPChains with a 2.2.14
kernel. Snort runs on the same box and seems to run rather nice. For the
rest there runs hardly anything on this firewall.

Thanks very much.
Greetings,
Jan Hugo Prins