[Snort-users] combination of snort & ipchains

andy lowton andy at ...586...
Tue Jan 16 17:00:47 EST 2001

  Avleen> Fyodor:  Same things happens on FreeBSD with IPF.  If IPF blocks /
  Avleen> drops a packet, SNORT cannot pick it up :( Read my last mail about
  Avleen> VLANs which I'm going to try next

Interesting, I run IPF and Snort on the same interface under OpenBSD and Snort
picks everything up whatever IPF does.

Maybe the original poster is doing his tests from a network that Snort doesn't
consider to be 'external' and the rules are configured to look for external->
home?

Cheers

Andy

E-Mail: andy at ...586...