[Snort-users] Multiple interfaces

Denis Ducamp Denis.Ducamp at ...199...
Sun Jan 14 13:24:03 EST 2001

On Sat, Jan 13, 2001 at 04:55:55PM -0500, Chris Schuler wrote:
> Running snort 1.7 on a Linux box, is there a way for once instance of snort
> to monitor multiple interfaces?

Use a very recent version of libpcap and specify "any" as interface to
listen to all interfaces at the same time.

> I searched the archives for a few minutes but didn't see a definitive
> answer.
> It seems like it would be able to, with the wording in the README file for
> -I and what not.. .

But this is the FAQ ;-) look at http://www.snort.org/writing_snort_rules.htm

For french speakers, look at my translation on
http://www.groar.org/~ducamp/english.html#sec-trad
Other documentations, as the manual, are a work in progress.

Denis Ducamp.

--
 Denis.Ducamp at ...199... --- Hervé Schauer Consultants --- http://www.hsc.fr/
snort, hping & dsniff en français : http://www.groar.org/~ducamp/#sec-trad