[Snort-users] SQL trouble

Erek Adams erek at ...577...
Fri Jan 12 19:00:45 EST 2001

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001 Kevin.Brown at ...1022... wrote:

[...snip...]

heh...  I had a bit of a fun time of that late last week. :)

> Now I try to do the rest of the steps on incident.org/snortdb and get to step
> 5 regarding building the structure of the database.  I'm in the snort-1.7
> directory so I do "mysql < ./contrib/create_mysql" and it spits back "ERROR
> 1045: Access denied for user: 'root at ...274...' (Using password: NO)", ok so I
> try "mysql -u root -p < ./contrib/create_mysql", it prompts me for roots
> password and I give it the one I setup for MySQL (not the system password) and
> it spits back "ERROR 1046 at line 21: No Database Selected".
>
> I understand that this is a MySQL issue and not a snort issue, but I tried
> searching the MySQL site for these errors and didn't find anything.  Does
> anyone see what I did wrong.

Well...  I'm not sure if it's the 'right way(tm)', but I happened to get it to
work by using "/path/to/mysql -u snort -p snort < ./contrib/create_mysql".

BTW, did you give the user privs on that table?  I used "grant INSERT,SELECT
on snort.* to snort at ...274...".

It's worth the effort! :)

-----
Erek Adams