[Snort-users] SQL trouble

Kevin.Brown at ...1022... Kevin.Brown at ...1022...
Fri Jan 12 18:42:35 EST 2001

OK, I recently downloaded snort v1.7 and setup MySQL.  I was able to compile
Snort (./configure --with-mysql=/usr && make && make install).  I downloaded
the snortfull.conf file and altered it to reflect the network settings here
and setup the database output features.

Now I try to do the rest of the steps on incident.org/snortdb and get to step
5 regarding building the structure of the database.  I'm in the snort-1.7
directory so I do "mysql < ./contrib/create_mysql" and it spits back "ERROR
1045: Access denied for user: 'root at ...274...' (Using password: NO)", ok so I
try "mysql -u root -p < ./contrib/create_mysql", it prompts me for roots
password and I give it the one I setup for MySQL (not the system password) and
it spits back "ERROR 1046 at line 21: No Database Selected".

I understand that this is a MySQL issue and not a snort issue, but I tried
searching the MySQL site for these errors and didn't find anything.  Does
anyone see what I did wrong.