[Snort-users] Installing Snort Recommendations

Mark Wright Mark.Wright at ...1136...
Fri Jan 12 14:19:58 EST 2001

Hi,

I am new to snort, so I need some info on what platform to install it on for my site.  My manager has suggested that I set it up on a PC with either Linux or Solaris x86. We run Sun Solaris 2.6 on all our boxes here.

However, I noticed on your website that you plan to release Solaris package versions shortly. Does this mean you can install it on a Sun box with Solaris 2.6 for example? If so, how soon will this be available?
What do you recommend?

Also, how do you run snort (the syntax) as an Intrusion Detection System?

Thanks, Mark