[Snort-users] Problem compiling snort-1.7 on HP-UX 10.20

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt at ...821...
Fri Jan 12 11:45:47 EST 2001

On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 07:49:29PM +0100, Karl Lovink wrote:

> I'am trying to compile snort 1.7 on HP-UX 10.20.
>
> During the compilation on snort.c I get the error that SIOCGIFMTU is not
> defined.
>
> snort.c: In function `GetIfrMTU':
> snort.c:1487: `SIOCGIFMTU' undeclared (first use in this function)
> snort.c:1487: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> snort.c:1487: for each function it appears in.)
>
> Looked into the .h files and couldn't any reference to SICGIFMTU.

I "fixed" that by changin the bit of code in such a way, that it always
returns 1500 (ethernet MTU)

--
ralf.hildebrandt at ...821...
System Engineer                                            innominate AG