[Snort-users] problem with install

Ryan Russell ryan at ...35...
Thu Jan 11 15:26:05 EST 2001

You can install libpcap properly, and it won't help you install an RPM
without the dependancy problem.  If you install libpcap manually, the RPM
database won't know it's there, and the Snort RPM will complain.  You
might try rpm -i --force if you know you've got all the pieces installed.
Or, install a libpcap RPM instead of from source.

						Ryan