[Snort-users] problem with install

Bill Marquette wlmarque at ...8...
Thu Jan 11 14:51:00 EST 2001

Hmmm...do you have a /usr/local/include?  Also, you'll need a
/usr/local/include/net.  I think the Makefile doesn't create those directories
for you.

--Bill

From: "Scott Johnson" <scott at ...1124...> on 01/11/2001 01:44 PM

To:   Bill Marquette/National/Hewitt Associates at ...1126... Associates NA
cc:   Scott Johnson <scott at ...1124...>
      snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Client:
Subject:  Re: [Snort-users] problem with install

Bill Marquette wrote:

> I won't touch the RPM issues as I have no real experience in it...however the
> source problem you noted is (should be) easily fixable.  You probably only did
> make install when installing libpcap.  You also need a make install-incl as
the
> Makefile included with libpcap only installs the library by default and not
the
> headers.

Thanks! However, when I run make install-incl, I get:

/usr/bin/install -c -m 444 -o bin -g bin ./pcap.h \
    /usr/local/include/pcap.h
/usr/bin/install: cannot create regular file
`/usr/local/include/pcap.h': No such file or directory
make: *** [install-incl] Error 1

Perhaps I did this in the wrong order? Maybe something else I need to
install?