[Snort-users] problem with install

Scott Johnson scott at ...1124...
Thu Jan 11 14:44:42 EST 2001

Bill Marquette wrote:

> I won't touch the RPM issues as I have no real experience in it...however the
> source problem you noted is (should be) easily fixable.  You probably only did a
> make install when installing libpcap.  You also need a make install-incl as the
> Makefile included with libpcap only installs the library by default and not the
> headers.

Thanks! However, when I run make install-incl, I get:

/usr/bin/install -c -m 444 -o bin -g bin ./pcap.h \
    /usr/local/include/pcap.h
/usr/bin/install: cannot create regular file
`/usr/local/include/pcap.h': No such file or directory
make: *** [install-incl] Error 1

Perhaps I did this in the wrong order? Maybe something else I need to
install?