[Snort-users] SNORT 1.7 RELEASED

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt at ...821...
Wed Jan 10 11:57:32 EST 2001

On Fri, Jan 05, 2001 at 03:10:52PM -0500, Martin Roesch wrote:
> Snort 1.7 has been released!  It's taken five months, but we finally have a
> new and far more powerful version of Snort ready to use.  Here's a brief
> summary of the changes/additions to this version:
>
> * Dynamic rules (rules that can turn on other rules) added
> * Statistical Anomaly Detection preprocessor added
> * TCP stream reassembly preprocessor added
> * XML output plugin added
> * Database plugin enhanced, supports Oracle DB now
> * IP defragmentation preprocessor is 100% functional now on all platforms
> * HTTP decode preprocessor can now detect IIS/UNICODE attacks
> * Four new detection plugins(react, reference, fragbits, tos)
> * Three new command line switches (-L, -I, -X)
> * Improved packet printout code
> * Rules language now supports IP address lists
> * Arbitrary/user configurable action types now available
> * Snort now dumps packet statistics to console/syslog when prompted with a
> SIGUSR1
> * Updated documentation
> * Lots more
>
> Check out the Changelog, the Downloads page at http://www.snort.org or the
> source code for more information.  Enjoy!

Doesn't build on HP-UX 10.20:

snort.c: In function ParseCmdLine':
snort.c:868: warning: implicit declaration of function snprintf'
snort.c: In function GetIfrMTU':
snort.c:1486: SIOCGIFMTU' undeclared (first use in this function)
snort.c:1486: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
snort.c:1486: for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [snort.o] Error 1