[Snort-users] Went to switched environment

Patrick Darden darden at ...710...
Mon Jan 8 08:30:06 EST 2001

You can hang a hub off of a switch, however you lose some functionality:
everything on the hub shares a collision domain (good for ids, bad for
performance), and all traffic from the hub to the switch becomes
half-duplex (collisions could become a problem, bandwidth can effectively
half, etc.)

--Patrick Darden                Internetworking Manager
--                              706.354.3312    darden at ...710...
--                              Athens Regional Medical Center