[Snort-users] Empty log file

Imran Ismail Shaikh ismail at ...1080...
Fri Jan 5 10:20:26 EST 2001

I have setted up the permissions for the log directory correctly but still
I see nothing going into 'alert' file why?
snort does creates the file name alert but the size of the file remains
0. I am running snort with root permissions and running it with following
command:
snort -v -o -e -i eth0 -c /usr/snort/snortrules -l /usr/snort/snortlog/

can anyone help?

imran
              .---.        _________________________________________
             \_  (__\ ~~~~| "Life without a friend is death without |
                          |  a witness"           --Spanish Proverb |
            ((     ))
    |  Imran Ismail Shaikh     |