[Snort-users] Re: Snort on Two Ethernet cards machine

SHAIFUL HASHIM s.hashim at ...770...
Fri Jan 5 08:00:06 EST 2001

Hi all,

Dragos, can we have this useful information in the new snort faq? This
particular question is asked regularly from time to time. Thanks...

Regards
Shaiful

Imran Ismail Shaikh <ismail at ...1080...> wrote:
I need some help on following questions:

1. Can you have a machine with two ethernet cards such that one is
numbered and other is un numbered? How?

2. How one can run a snort on a machine with two ethernet cards, such that
one ethernet is numbered (with some IP address) and the other is un
numbered (0.0.0.0)

Actually, I want to look into actual traffic (everything) coming to my
site by placing the snort outside the firewall or is there is any other
way of doing this?

thanks

imran

             \_  (__\ ~~~~| "Life without a friend is death without |
                          |  a witness"           --Spanish Proverb |
            ((     ))
    |  Imran Ismail Shaikh     |