[Snort-users] Snort on Two Ethernet cards machine

Imran Ismail Shaikh ismail at ...1080...
Thu Jan 4 17:47:50 EST 2001

I need some help on following questions:

1. Can you have a machine with two ethernet cards such that one is
numbered and other is un numbered? How?

2. How one can run a snort on a machine with two ethernet cards, such that
one ethernet is numbered (with some IP address) and the other is un
numbered (0.0.0.0)

Actually, I want to look into actual traffic (everything) coming to my
site by placing the snort outside the firewall or is there is any other
way of doing this?

thanks

imran

              .---.        _________________________________________
             \_  (__\ ~~~~| "Life without a friend is death without |
                          |  a witness"           --Spanish Proverb |
            ((     ))
    |  Imran Ismail Shaikh     |