[Snort-users] Wrong pid Saved on OpenBSD?

Fyodor fygrave at ...121...
Thu Jan 4 04:27:52 EST 2001

On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 03:22:48PM -0800, Crist J. Clark wrote:
> I have noticed that when I run Snort 1.6.3p2 in daemon mode on my
> OpenBSD 2.8 box, it seems to be getting the PID wrong. That is, the
> file that it writes, snort_xl0.pid, in my case, contains the wrong
> PID. The PID in the file does not correspond to any existing
> process.

Yep. I have fixed this problem in snort 1.7beta8. :) The problem
was that if you run snort in Daemon mode pid file was created before fork and
current pid of the process was placed there. :) if you really insist on using
1.6.3p2, I can make a quick patch addressing the problem for 1.6.3 too, otherwise
I'd suggest to upgrade. :)

--
http://www.notlsd.net