[Snort-users] DoD plugin

Tech-X domnick2 at ...125...
Mon Apr 30 19:44:16 EDT 2001

If my guess is correct, this is going to be similar to SHADOW.  Shadow is an
IDS that was developed by Dahlgren Naval Surface Warfare Center and has been
used on military installations all over the globe.  This has become a bit
dated, and I think they are tying to implement something very similar using
SNORT instead of TCPDUMP.  Only time will tell exactly, but according to
everything recently written by Stephen Northcutt of SANS, Snort is the way
to go.  I also want to add that SHADOW was and still is a very good IDS
program, but some things just need to be updated ;)

I'll keep everyone posted as I learn more.