[Snort-users] Acid and Snort 1.8b4 (Build 13)

Ron 'The InSaNe One' Rosson insane at ...321...
Fri Apr 27 11:19:26 EDT 2001

At what date was this change made? Reason why I ask is because I am
curious on if I need to rebuld my DB structure. Here are the dates from
my CVS (Built same day)

insane-postal> ll snort contrib/create_mysql
-rw-rw----   1 insane   root        7808 Mar 16 15:49 contrib/create_mysql
-rwxrwx--x   1 insane   root     7384844 Apr  8 08:35 snort

TIA

rdanyliw at ...1925... (rdanyliw at ...1925...) wrote:
> Roughly around Snort 1.8b1, a number of significant changes
> were made to the database schema to:
>  - support references
>  - normalize the schema to improve performance and storage
>
> When upgrading from 1.7 => 1.8b*, you will need to drop your
> DB, and recreate it using the the "create_mysql/postgresql"
> script found in the contrib directory.
>
> Note: the DB schema now maintains state on its version; check
> the field 'schema.vseq' .  The latest schema number is v101.
>
> cheers,
> Roman
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying out Snort 1.8b4 (Build 13) on Solaris 2.6/Sparc. For production
> > i am using Snort 1.7 on the same box with ACID 0.9.5  for reporting. When i
> > use the same ACID for reporting on the data stored by 1.8 in mysql, i only
> > get the signature numbers and not the names. Whats broken?

Ron Rosson          			      ... and a UNIX user said ...
The InSaNe One                 			      rm -rf *
insane at ...322...     	            and all was /dev/null and *void()