[Snort-users] Acid and Snort 1.8b4 (Build 13)

rdanyliw at ...1925... rdanyliw at ...1925...
Fri Apr 27 09:09:13 EDT 2001

Roughly around Snort 1.8b1, a number of significant changes
were made to the database schema to:
 - support references
 - normalize the schema to improve performance and storage

When upgrading from 1.7 => 1.8b*, you will need to drop your
DB, and recreate it using the the "create_mysql/postgresql"
script found in the contrib directory.

Note: the DB schema now maintains state on its version; check
the field 'schema.vseq' .  The latest schema number is v101.

cheers,
Roman