[Snort-users] Location of Beta 1.8

Erek Adams erek at ...577...
Thu Apr 26 14:44:19 EDT 2001

http://snort.sourceforge.net/snort-daily.tar.gz

> Is there an RPM version available? I'm still kinda new to Linux.

Nope.  You'll have to build it.  It's pretty darn simple...

/build> gunzip -c snort-daily.tar.gz | tar -xvf -
/build> cd snort
/build> ./configure && make
/build> su root
/build# make install
/build# exit
/build>

Should give you a working image.  Just remember to edit snort.conf before
trying to run it!  ;-)

Please keep in mind one thing:  This is the 'bleeding edge'.  It can hurt, or
it can be just spiffy.

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy