[Snort-users] snort 1.7 and linux's kernel 2.4.x options

alexus ml at ...1718...
Wed Apr 25 23:48:43 EDT 2001


I don't use Redhat, there for i dont have rpms
redhat is not a standard in linux.. it's just another linux.. (buggy one i
might add)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Neal Timm" <ntimm at ...539...>
To: "'alexus'" <ml at ...1718...>
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2001 10:55 PM
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] snort 1.7 and linux's kernel 2.4.x options


> just see if the libpcap rpm is there with rpm -qa |grep libpcap
>
> Neal Timm
> System Administrator
> Rackspace Managed Hosting
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
> [mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net]On Behalf Of alexus
> Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2001 5:23 PM
> To: ntimm at ...539...
> Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: Re: [Snort-users] snort 1.7 and linux's kernel 2.4.x options
>
>
> how do i check? and if not where do i get it from?
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Neal Timm" <ntimm at ...539...>
> To: "'alexus'" <ml at ...1718...>
> Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2001 5:29 PM
> Subject: RE: [Snort-users] snort 1.7 and linux's kernel 2.4.x options
>
>
> > do you have the libpcap libraries installed.
> >
> > Neal Timm
> > System Administrator
> > Rackspace Managed Hosting
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
> > [mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net]On Behalf Of alexus
> > Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2001 3:22 PM
> > To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
> > Subject: [Snort-users] snort 1.7 and linux's kernel 2.4.x options
> >
> >
> > root at ...1900...:/usr/local/bin# ./snort -svc snort.conf
> >
> >         --== Initializing Snort ==--
> >
> > Initializing Network Interface eth0
> > ERROR: OpenPcap() device eth0 open:
> >         socket: Address family not supported by protocol
> > root at ...1900...:/usr/local/bin# uname -a
> > Linux box 2.4.3 #5 Wed Apr 11 03:08:52 EDT 2001 i686 unknown
> > root at ...1900...:/usr/local/bin#
> >
> > any ideas? which option in kernel i missed this time?
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Snort-users mailing list
> > Snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
> > Go to this URL to change user options or unsubscribe:
> > http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/snort-users
> > Snort-users list archive:
> > http://www.geocrawler.com/redir-sf.php3?list=snort-users
> >
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Snort-users mailing list
> Snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
> Go to this URL to change user options or unsubscribe:
> http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/snort-users
> Snort-users list archive:
> http://www.geocrawler.com/redir-sf.php3?list=snort-users
>





More information about the Snort-users mailing list