[Snort-users] Rules from Snort don't match Arachnids?

Max Vision vision at ...4...
Wed Apr 25 22:12:59 EDT 2001

Hiya,

Two quick points.

1> I messed up and am changing this back ASAP.  It is supposed to be
"1024:" not ":1024".

2> The rules are also different in that I am watching for SYN+ACK instead
of just any ACK packet, so false positives are already greatly reduced in
the first place, since the DNS and HTTP false postiives will not occur
(dns and web servers don't initiate connections in to your internat
network, they send response traffic).

Hm, let's see if I can do this in five minutes again... I'll kill the
downloads until it's fixed.

Max